15 October 2014

primark baby girl haul


So as I turned 34 weeks of pregnancy I had an horrific realisation. This baby had a few pairs of socks, a couple of bibs and a bodysuit or two to her name. That was it! What was I to do if she popped out here and now?! Use a Jiffy Bag and a sock like in one of my favourite films Jack And Sarah? Actually I don't even have a Jiffy Bag or a spare sock lying around so that's that idea blown. Now cash was tight during that week as we started the process of redecorating the spare room into a Minnie Mouse room for our eldest to ship into so we can use the nursery again, and I soon realised merchandise ain't so cheap these days! So I allocated myself and Big Sister to be Lola-Rose a little Primark budget to get an "emergency supply" all in one day and off we went on a little mission with hopes of getting the basics sorted. And suffice to say, we did! We did pretty well! (Its lucky really as I got sent into hospital at 35 weeks due to false labour, talk about a very close call)





So I asked myself whilst power walking to town utterly stressing out, if baby N was born here and now what would she really need. I whipped out the Iphone notes app and wrote nappies, wipes, smellies, muslin cloths (my holy grail baby item which I buy masses of!), vests, scratch mitts, bibs, rompers, sleep suits, socks, hats and a blanket. And thank god above Primark did a perfect job of supplying everything all in one adorable matching design. Pink bunnies, birds, hearts, and rose detailing with the slogan "Hello Beautiful" stitched onto them. I instantly fell in love with everything. I'm a bit ocd/anal when it comes to having things matching actually, it drives the Mr mental. Once I start getting into a particular product/style/type of makeup/cosmetic range etc, I HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING THE SAME. For example I bought a Real Techniques brush set last week with the intention of cutting back on splurging on myself until baby is born. I'm now waiting for the rest of the sets to arrive in the post so all my makeup brushes are Real Techniques. Absolute sad act right? Anyway I also got a couple of items since then that aren't in these photos as I picked them up on different occasions in different Primark stores but they are of all the same design. I had a blanket, an extra towel and flannel set, more sleep suits, rompers, baby grows, a soft rattle, a little rabbit toy with a blanket attached and some more bibs. Beautiful! I love them all so much, they are so beautiful and soft in real life. Especially the socks. I'm envious of them. I want a pair!






Now babies grow faster than weeds in the garden! So I have learnt from my first pregnancy not to be a total snob when it comes to the necessities. Basics are basics for a reason. Ive had people I know (friends ill have you know!) look absolutely horrified when I mention I use ALDI nappies and Primark clothing, but you know what? My babies are clean, smart, well dressed and your not paying for their endless supplies of clothing and toiletries, I am! So do one......kindly:) If you are on a budget or maybe strapped for cash I can honestly say Primark wont let you down. Their baby clothes wash and iron so much better than certain other stores and for the price you can pick up multiple sizes and repurchase anything that needs repurchasing without breaking the bank! Its gonna get covered in milk, sick, poop, wee and some odd looking green stuff at some point anyway whether it cost £4 or £40. But I know which amount of money id rather ruin and re buy! Its a quick post today but I just wanted to show you how beautiful these items are and to mention the most expensive things cost between £6-£7. Really? Give me Primark to Prada any day.

Ellie, Lola-Rose & Bump 35 + 5 xx

ELLIE