11 January 2015

iCandy Peach 3 review with demo pictures




The world of prams is overwhelming, theres no doubt about it. Especially when you have a toddler who cant walk very far without needing a break, a newborn on the way and no driving licence (the OH is the chauffeur). So what do I do? Resort to buying a massive tandem or bulky side by side that doesn't fit anywhere or struggle with a crying toddler walking on reigns whilst pushing a big heavy pram. I thought these were my only options until I saw the Peach 3. It had the OPTION to be a tandem. And that's exactly what I was looking for, the OPTION of having a tandem as sometimes Lola-Rose will be in playgroup, with family or on her trike so I wouldn't need a constant tandem. Some iCandy quotes I was receiving from pram stores were hitting the £1,200 mark with all the accessories which I thought was ridiculous as it was nearly the price of a small car! Did I really need all the accessories was the question. Once I had time to work everything out we spent a healthy £790 on everything. Yep £790 for a brand new iCandy.....


I was very against an iCandy at first as to me there a bit of a materialistic status thing. Celebs have them, first time parents who have no budget and kinda wanna show off buy them, the brand was seemed over hyped and just generally a bit of a show off thing (sorry my honest opinion) and not "practical". Also the fact I was having another girl and the colour pack I wanted was Marshmallow (Billie Fairers had just had one in marshmallow) I thought "great! I'm gonna look like a right wannabe copying TOWIE!". But my opinion has totally changed. THESE PRAMS ARE AWESOME! They are solid, sturdy, a dream to push, are unbelievably practical, go in and out the car a breeze, go up and down easier than our Silver Cross Surf which was a single pram, look beautiful, have a fantastic guarantee and are just generally the shit. I can manage this pram so easily on my own and the girls are super snug and safe in them. I'd 100000% recommend them to anyone having children close together and needing a pram to bridge the age gap.











The main reason we saved so much on our iCandy is because we didn't buy the maxi cosi car seat, the £90 cosy toes!, an extra seat and some other bits and bobs I was being flogged. So I went to my local independent pram dealer who is the loveliest guy ever and we had a good old chat. I didn't buy an extra seat because Lola-Rose was 28 months when Betsy-May was born so by the time she needs the seat part LR will be much better at walking distances and we will get a Buggy Board. For now I bought the converter adaptors and put the seat on if we need it. Talk about convenience! It honestly is a much better option if your LO is going to be a bit older than a baby, maybe under 24 months Id buy the two seats as 12-24 months is still very young and for safety your better off buying an extra seat chassis. All in all I'm so glad we opted for this pram its saved so many tantrums and stressful situations struggling with a toddler. Especially in town at Christmas time, if she ran off id never been able to catch her. God the thought is bad enough. For £790 we had the carry cot, the adaptors, the seat, the wheel's, the main chassis and some bits like rain covers etc. The carrycot is the smaller one, not the main larger one as I will be using it as a tandem, the standard carrycot doesn't fit. Other than that everything you see in the photos comes as standard.




















All in all I think this pram is brilliant. If you cant decide or unsure due to the price tag or the ease of it, I can assure you, you wont be disappointed. It is such a sturdy, well built, well designed, pretty, surprisingly compact pram that manoeuvres better than any other pram/pushchair we've ever had. Even when its in tandem mode we squeeze through gaps, ques, buses, around tables when out for food and have never come across a problem. iCandy is a staple favourite in this household, and if (IF) we have anymore iCandy will be the first purchase we make! CLICK ME!















Lola-Rose gives it the thumbs up!

ELLIE